Monday, August 11, 2008

One dud, one dump

I'll use this post to put up the random pictures from two days of driving and to get some random thoughts out of my notebook. Before that though, another my "new" addresses", this time in Wichita, Kansas, was a dud. After a long day from Denver to Wichita, I found what I thought was the address. I was a little iffy on it, and to make a long story short, no 1600 Pennsylvania in Wichita. That's OK since Wichita was right along the way to Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

I landed in Pine Bluff and found the hazardous waste dump, sitting at the corner of 16th and Pennsylvania. I was pretty sure I found my address, but it wasn't marked and after about 20 minutes at the city's street department, I was still unsure. I called 411 and confirmed the address as 1600. Solid. Trouble is it's dark and raining. The complex faces west so it might be an extra day in Arkansas.

Some random notes...

- Listening to a traffic report in an unknown city sounds like a foreign language.

- A lot of self-storage places also hold regular flea markets. Curious.

- I find myself answering the hypothetical questions posed by ads on talk radio.





1 comment:

Amby100 said...

these are awesome pics! you the one taking them?