Friday, August 1, 2008

1600 N Pennsylvania Ave, Oklahoma City, OK


It's too bad the way the tree sort of obscured the 1600 sign and kept the light off the one side of the house, but oh well. I was camped out in the median of the street which was a little awkward and really, really hot.
When I'm doing these pictures, I was thinking to myself yesterday as I waited for sun to sink lower in the sky, I sort of feel like some sort of modernist architect. I still have to really work out the best language, but I quickly scribbled some notes. From my Chicago architecture tour with Chris earlier this summer, the modernists weren't the most creative people. Their goal was to celebrate the material, the steel mostly, and the space it created. For this project it's sort of similar, I'm celebrating the material, in my case the building I'm photographing. I'm not really exercising much creativity, making simple straight forward documents of the structure. It's about the formality of the subject and no the creativity or vision of the photographer. The vision and creativity lie in the concept.

No comments: