Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1600 Pennsylvania Ave, West Mifflin, PA

Wait, where's the picture? No Polaroid you ask? Well... I got there at about 2pm. I had no intention of photographing the house until later this evening. Upon seeing me, the woman who owns the house asked me f I needed help and I politely introduced myself and told her about my project. She was not impressed and went on to simply say to no, no she didn't want her house photographed. I tried to explain to her how I really wasn't asking, but rather informing, but she didn't want to hear it. I told her to call the police if she liked, but instead she called her attorney and started threatening to sue me for violating her privacy. At this point I had two choices, walk away and leave it unphotographed, or go ahead. I decided to move fast. I quickly setup my tripod and had my camera set in about 45 sec. With my hands shaking just a bit, I lined everything as best as I could as the woman came over and demanded my name, address and phone number. Um no. She wrote down my license plate, but that's OK. I was getting a little nervous that she would assault me or try to damage my gear so I skipped the Polaroids and just went right to film. 8 sheets exposed and I just threw everything in the backseat and I was off. Who knows what will come of it.

1 comment:

Grokodile said...

LOL. That's awesome!