Saturday, August 9, 2008

Even more 1600's

Doing a re-search for 1600's and I found five more. Yeah, five. Two are both in Denver, which is okay since I was already planning on stopping in Woodland Park, CO. One in Wichita, KS, not too far off route, one in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, a town I could have easily stopped by on my way west, but wasn't aware of it, and another in Fruitland, Idaho. All of this has me a little rattled in not fully knowing how many addresses I've missed. The two in Denver are Streets, not Avenues, but I think that's close enough, what do you think?

Long story short, there isn't one in Fruitland, Idaho. I found out the hard way, by driving there. So my 1100 mile trip from West Sacramento, CA to Colorado turned into a 1400 mile one via 50 miles north of Boise, ID. Ugh. I ended up driving until about midnight to make up the time, spending the night in Wyoming and making it to Denver. 1400 miles in two days, that's a lot of gas. Here are the pretty pictures.




I wonder what Bliss, Idaho looks like. Potatos of all kinds perhaps.




This is sand in the beaufitul deserts of Nevada.

No comments: