Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back on the backroads

Wow, I forgot how good it feels to travel off the interstate. You see the country, life, all along the way. Yeah, it takes a little longer and I do feel like I'm pushing into the home stretch here, but man, heading north up US 65 was great. Rolling through the Ozarks in Arkansas and southern Missouri, then blasting through farm after farm into Iowa. Now that the trip is wrapping up, I feel like I have less time to linger, to stop and make pictures along the way. It's a little disappointing, but it's reality. I'm already squeezing almost double the number of 1600's I had originally planned, but I can't do this forever, unless someone wants to be my patron. Anyone? I was talking to my good friend Dan and he said he was looking forward to seeing the other work beside the 1600. I felt a little guilty that I haven't been doing enough, but my project has been first and foremost on my plate. And after checking out of a motel, driving 8-10 hours a day, checking into a motel, getting gas, finding dinner, loading/unloading film holders and all the other mundane day-today stuff, it can be tough. So there's not a lot of other work. Most of it I've shared here, but I feel good, great even. It feel great to make a project like this come together. Who knows what will happen with it, but doing the work feels great.






1 comment:

dan said...

I trust you didn't take my comment to mean I wasn't interested in the 1600 pics!! I've obviously been a big supporter of the project since its conception, and that hasn't changed...but you knew that.

I guess i said that not in the sense that you'd have 4 or 5 other projects going on, but more that you had covered a ton of ground, and seen quite a few things.

Keep it up bro...