Sunday, August 17, 2008

1600 S Pennsylvania Ave, Lansing, MI

I think it was this picture from the first time around that really made feel like I was rushing this project. I was with Chris and we were headed to Milwaukee a Brewer's game and didn't have much time. I was there nice and early, but this huge tree was blocking the sun and would be for at least 45 minutes, 45 minutes we didn't have. So I settled for what I had and we were off, but I didn't feel good about it. I feel redeemed now and the earlier experience came in handy. I was basically setup in the left turning lane, car and all since being there under a dark cloth was making me feel a little vulnerable. I purposefully photographed on a Sunday, figuring things would be quiet on a rather busy road. Things went smoothly. Thick clouds rolled in and gave me a scare, but they moved on and I had pleasant light to work with. Spoke to the homeowner for a while, who had an interesting story that might make into some sort of extended caption if I ever publish/show this work. Seems like a lot of the 1600's are dominated by tree cover.

No comments: