Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Lorain, Ohio


I really like this one from my first visit. It was a soft rainy morning in April and the picture really worked. I think this one works too. I waited for a while, but the shadow wasn’t moving much. I didn’t wait until the shadow was totally gone, it would have taken hours and b that time the light would be pretty harsh, but I guess the way it throws off the composition a bit. Just about every 1600 picture on this trip has been taken early morning or late evening, classic times for photography since the light is so nice. This one though, I don’t know, I sort of prefer the first picture, the softer, open light, than this crisp morning light, but we’ll see once the film comes back.

I was talking to a good friend tonight about the light in this project. I think when you’re doing a series of pictures like this, similar subject over a long period of time, you either have o go with all the same light or a variety to keep the body of work diverse. I’ve obviously gone for the latter.

No comments: