Monday, July 21, 2008

On the road






Kept heading south today, from North Carolina, through South Carolina and into Georgia, a little south of Atlanta. Found a "cozy" motel for just $39 and had a brief but interesting conversation with the inn keeper who is from India. Told him Jill was there and rattled off our two different adventures. Not impressed. Tomorrow I'll be in Florida, leaving the original 13 colonies, which feels significant somehow.
I found my 1600 here in McDonough, GA, but the light is pretty brutal. I'll check back in a few hours, but it looks like the sun is setting right behind the building. Hopefully tomorrow morning will work.
Stopped in Athens, GA for lunch. Tried to find a spot per Joy's recommendation, but it was closed. Found a nice little sandwich shop where I got this tasty chicken sandwich with cashews and provolone, chips and a homemade cookie for just $5.75. Nice. But the parking meter made me laugh, $.25 for an hour, $3 for an expired meter? Really? For $3 seems you should just take your chances.

1 comment:

Judy Manning said...

Mike you may be the next racheal ray $40.00 a day. Your lunch sounded yummy. Stay safe and enjoy. Judy